CCWT Early Career Scholars Program
The Center for Research on College-Workforce Transitions (CCWT) at UW-Madison is excited to announce our inaugural 12-month Early Career Scholars Program, beginning in mid-January 2023. The Program seeks to support the next generation of scholars by providing research mentorship, trainings, and community to early career faculty members or researchers who have an interest aligned with CCWT’s mission.
Our mission at CCWT is to develop research tools, evidence, and educational programs that promote the career development and wellness of students as they seek post-graduate success. In this work we amplify the voices and interests of all students, especially those historically marginalized in higher education, with the ultimate aim to facilitate institutional and societal change.
The Early Career Scholars Program provides:
- $2,500 stipend for investigators to use to support their scholarship and/or professional development
- Research mentorship from CCWT investigators
- Access to data and CCWT content (e.g., survey instruments, training materials)
- Invitations to attend CCWT seminars and trainings including workshops on research methods, grant writing, writing for public audiences, and working with institutional partners
- Travel costs to attend the annual CCWT symposium in April or May 2023 in Madison, Wisconsin
Expectations for the Early Career Investigator include:
- Develop a project related to CCWT’s mission
- Attend online Early Career Scholars cohort meetings (2 per semester)
- Share expertise and/or project through a CCWT-sponsored webinar or talk
- Produce a working paper, literature review, policy brief, or grant proposal by the end of the Program
While we are open to any topics related to CCWT’s mission, we have a particular interest in projects that address the ways that race/ethnicity and Minority Serving Institution (MSI) status may play in shaping a student’s experiences with work-based learning programs like internships.
If you are interested in participating, please send a copy of your recent CV and a brief statement (no more than 1-2 pages) indicating your interest in the program and a summary of your research interests to email@example.com by December 16, 2023.