Tuned In Labs seeks to empower students with the skills, self-knowledge, and know-how to cultivate a career and a lifestyle that meets their values and ways of knowing. For students, by students, we seek to close the gap between theory and practice by condensing and disseminating researched interventions that you can adopt and adapt to support your thriving within your given context.
Together with students from UW-Madison and Cal Poly Pomona (CPP) and our CPP advisor, our goal is to help students cultivate, realize, and channel their inner potentialities to build local power and promote collective well-being.
To meet our mission, starting in spring 2022 we launched a multilayered approach to intervention including psychoeducation disseminated widely via social media and an intervention comprised of 6 modules.
Tuned In Labs is a resource for students to cultivate:
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Career Development
- Joi Brown, BA – Social Media Designer
- Pa Her, PhD – Co-Director
- Nasitta Keita, MA – Facilitator
- Alejandro Morales, PhD – CPP Advisor
- Michael Sanchez, MS – Content Creator & Facilitator
- Mindi Thompson, PhD, HSP – Director
- Kevon Williams, BA – Content Creator & Facilitator
- Denise Zavala – Content Creator
- Manal Hasan – Undergraduate Research Assistant, McNair Scholar
Our team is dedicated to helping students cultivate, realize, and channel their inner potentialities to build local power and promote collective well-being.
Tuned In Labs is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Our toolkits are resources designed for students to broaden their understanding of career development, entering and navigating the workforce, wellness management, and more. We encourage readers to save and/or print as many toolkits as they’d like for their future reference.